Case Study: A Leading e-Publication Company in Italy
Our client was:
- A leading e-publication company dealing in mobile and tablet publications
- Based in Italy
- Looking for an offshore partner to handle one of their leading weekly publications
The challenges facing us were:
- To meet the expectations of the client, who sought high quality and fast turnaround time for their e-publications and had a long-term plan of transferring more work to their offshore partner
- To offer customized data conversion services for e-Pub compatible readers such as the iPad, iPod, Amazon Kindle, Calibre, etc.
- To process files received in PDF format and then convert them to xHTML format
The steps we took to address the challenges were:
- Recruiting an experienced e-Pub specialist with sound knowledge of mobile and tablet publishing
- Performing a trial run to ensure the client was happy with the output
- Working tirelessly to meet the client's tight schedule, with 8-hour turnaround time for the weekly job
- Recruiting and training 3 resources to handle the strict requirements of the customer
- Adhering to the client's feedback on coding and meeting his expectations
- Using Adobe Reader, Adobe Digital Editions, MobiPocket and Stanza to create customized solutions for the client
Our actions resulted in:
- Huge cost savings for the client: The project cost for the client turned out to be about $1000 per month, which was at least 50% less than what it would have been if the same work was done in Italy.
- Quick turnaround time: We worked hard to ensure fast turnaround of the weekly publication and delivering it within the 5 hour turnaround time required by the client.
- High-quality work: The client was very happy and satisfied with our deliverables and output, without any quality issues. This resulted in the client awarding us another ongoing project.