We understand your concerns about the security of your data and information that you share with us when you outsource your work to us. Yes, you need to be careful. Develop confidence in working with a reliable outsourcing partner and then share your information. We have always encouraged our customers to sign a Non-Disclosure Agreement (NDA) with us. This legal engagement testifies to our commitment to data security. When we deploy our professionals into your project, they are also required to sign an NDA to pledge their commitment to maintain the confidentiality of data that they process.
We have stringent data security practices and policies that ensure that you have a safe outsourcing experience.
Data Security Measures at DataEntryOutsourced
- E-mail, folder and file encryption to ensure confidentiality of information shared by customers
- Regular back up of data to a completely-secure zone to ensure there is no leakage of information
- After project completion, source documents are returned to the customer or destroyed, according to the customer's instructions.
- We permit the sharing of only scanned copies or electronic copies of source documents.
Restricted and Protected System Access to Employees
- Secure Smart Card access
- Protected premises login
- Password-protected network and Windows login
- Work station 'locking'
- Highly-secure VPN remote access
- Secure e-mail with digital signatures
- Enterprise and desktop applications accessed through single sign-in
- Legally-binding NDA signed by the employees
Secure VPN and Network
- Secure Cisco® VPN Tunnel to customer
- Secured Cisco® Intelligent switches and Cisco® Network Assistant
- Cisco® PIX® Firewall, which blocks all ports for HTTP, FTP, TCP/IP, UDP and ICMP
Internal Systems and Workstation Security
- Security surveillance
- Administrative auditing, reporting and monitoring facilities
- Disabled hardware resources like pen drive, CDs, etc.
- Secure anti-virus protection for all workstations
- Back-Up drive manager for all workstations