Case Study: A Leading Soil Survey Company In The Middle East
Our client was:
- An Australian company (a global leader in the field of soil survey analysis) operating in the Middle East.
- In need of an offshore partner that would handle data entry of soil survey sheets for a six-month period.
- Impressed with the quality of our work and our commitment (they had previously outsourced a small data entry project to us).
The challenges facing us were:
- To develop an exclusive SQL database (similar to the client's)
- To design a front-end data entry tool with 40 fields, similar to the physical copy of the soil survey
- To create an automated SQL database on the back-end, where the front-end entries are automatically merged with the customer's SQL database
- To live up to the client's expectations (they were aware of our expertise in developing systems and solutions for similar projects)
The steps we took to address the challenges were:
- Development of an SQL database mirroring the customer's database
- Creation of a dedicated customer FTP system for file transfer
- Seamless transfer of front-end data entry output via FTP along with our SQL database to the client
- Merging of data output at the customer's end (having twice struggled to do so earlier)
Our actions resulted in:
- Huge cost savings for the client—creating the SQL database as per the customer's requirements was indeed a costly affair, but we did not charge anything extra for software development
- Running the project in auto mode once the transfer and merging bugs were sorted out
- Completion of the project in six months, with daily turnaround of soil survey data entry output