E-Commerce Product Data Entry Project for Army Surplus Online Store in Canada
The Client – E-Commerce Giant
The client is a one-stop army surplus store based in Canada who provides a variety of outdoor and camping supplies, tactical gear, hunting products, and other items aimed towards an active lifestyle. Wanting to renovate and rejuvenizes their eCommerce presence, the client was looking to upload over 1,000 products into their portal to broaden their retail presence.
E-Commerce Product Data Entry Requirement
As this would be a large-scale project requiring experienced data entry technicians, the client wanted to find an international outsourcing partner with the capabilities to handle uploading over 1,000 products, such as paintball guns, climbing gear, army uniforms, boots, and knives.
After discovering Data Entry Outsourced (DEO) from an online search, the client didn't hesitate to initiate a contract, selecting DEO due to:
- Ability to complete the project in eight working days and provide an attractive price point.
- Proven experience in the eCommerce space is completing similar CMS focused projects.
- Provision of a full team of dedicated resources to work exclusively on this project.
Challenges Faced by Data Entry Outsourced
DEO negotiated some challenges while working on this voluminous eCommerce product data entry assignment:
- Each uploaded product would require numerous complex details to ensure a correct upload, which was difficult to manage on a short deadline.
- Provided data for each product was insufficient, requiring additional research to upload successfully.
- Each product featured an image that required editing, such as watermark removal and image quality enhancement.
- Several of the product categories fell into multiple classification organization systems, which added complications.
- Frequent change requests were added for filtering the products from the various
- Problems arose regarding posting reviews via different mediums.
Customized Approach to This Project
To manage the numerous challenges, DEO developed a step-by-step process that would help streamline the project on a tight deadline:
- To gain a better understanding of the products that were to be uploaded, DEO initiated a client consultation and thoroughly researched the company.
- A free trial was conducted that mimicked the various products from the different eCommerce websites, including descriptions of recreations, metadata, research, and image editing.
- Upon receiving the results of the free trial, the client provided feedback and granted access to their BigCommerce portal.
- A team of 4 resources was allocated to begin work on one website before moving on to the other eCommerce websites.
- As the project continued, the team was expanded to include six specialists.
- Photoshop was utilized by DEO's photo editing team to edit all product images simultaneously as the data entry technicians uploaded product details into the CMS.
- Upon first delivery at the end of the week, the client expanded the project to the same target number of results to be delivered on a fixed weekly basis.
Exceptional Steps Taken to Meet the Clients Requirements
DEO strove to exceed the client's expectations by taking the following extraordinary measures:
- Product keyword research was conducted to ensure the best results.
- This eCommerce service included fine details like content writing, image editing, product data research, metadata writing, and large volume requests.
- A unique approach was tailored for varying products on each of the different eCommerce websites.
Software Utilized During the Course of the Services
- BigCommerce CMS
Key Takeaways from This Product Data Entry Project
This eCommerce service project became an example of DEO's skill in executing bulk project requests for our valued clients, and the following results occurred:
- The client was so impressed with DEO's efforts and data management that they contracted our services for two more years, to which 75,000 total products and multiple websites were completed, with an average delivery of 3,000 to 4,000 products each month.
- The client was able to achieve their targeted numbers in a cost-effective and timely manner.
- DEO was able to learn and execute new processes in the eCommerce domain while gaining an esteemed, long-term client.