US Logistics Company Converts 30,000+ Oil and Gas consignment documents from PDF to CSV format overcoming many glitches
The client is a logistics solution company based in the US. The client provides a range of logistics and production planning solutions to premier Oil & Gas companies operating in North America.
The Situation – Business Need:
- The client had over 30,000 import and export-related shipping consignment documents. These documents were available in PDF format.
- The documents included billing and financial details. The client needed to convert all these PDF files into CSV format in order to enable internal analysis and review exercises.
- The client had already outsourced this task to a data conversion company, which did not meet the client's criteria. Hence the client approached DataEntryOutsourced for a solution.
The following challenges were faced during our data conversion process:
- The information in PDF was widely split across different rows and columns
- The tables had double lines in an ununiformed fashion
- The columns had two different rows that were not consistent
Our solution encompassed the following elements:
- A team of 8 data conversion specialists were allotted for this task
- The team had a Supervisor and a Quality Analyst to overlook the work
- Our team worked on 2 shifts, converting 1000 pages per day
- The converted documents were delivered within 35 days
- Extra-ordinary data conversion with 100% quality was achieved
- The data was delivered on time as required by the client
- The client was more than satisfied with DataEntryOutsourced' performance